Skip to main content

Seattle Day #1- My Day in the City

Welcome to Thrak Attack! This is the first of 3 posts all about my 3 days in Seattle! I did a lot of the tourist things but a lot of interesting things and I would love to share with you what I did! Hopefully you enjoy and let me know what you think! Onto the story of my day in Seattle!

So when I landed in Seattle/Tacoma Airport at 11:30, I had until 4 until my friend picked me up. So I decided to take the light rail into the city. I found out the light rail goes from the airport to downtown and that the Westlake station was a few blocks away from Pike Place Market. This takes us to my first stop of the trip!

                                                                Pike Place Market


Pike Place Market is very similar to Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia. Since that is my home city, I loved it. It made me feel at home but in a completely new place. I enjoyed walking around seeing the various vendors and what they have to offer. I got to see them throwing the fish around, the bronze pig, I ate some shrimp tempura (which was more tempura than shrimp), and got to look out at the sound for a bit. Living in Phoenix for the past few years makes me really miss the water.

First Starbucks

The first Starbucks opened up in 1971. It was one of MANY Starbucks in the city of Seattle but it is the most visited. It was interesting to see what the original looked like and it felt more like a classic and locally owned coffee shop which I really enjoyed. I also saw they had a Special Reserve Pumpkin Spice Latte and decided to get as my obligatory once a year pumpkin spice latte. I don't know if it was actually better than the standard pumpkin spice latte or if it was just the knowledge of it was the original but I really enjoyed it! 


Gum Wall


This is one of the most unique, unsanitary, and quirky tourist attractions I've ever seen. The tradition started in 1993 and it's gotten bigger and grosser every year. There were hundreds of pieces of gum all on the brick wall. Some had writing, some were just stuck there. I did not add any, I just took this amazing selfie and headed to the Tankard and Tun which is the home of Pike Brewing Co. where I purchased some delicious beer. I first got the High Five Honey Ale which was sweet and delicious and my second beer was the Space Needle IPA which was just as delicious. Then it was off to the Seattle Center for my friend to pick me up.


AFK Tavern

AFK Tavern is an awesome restaurant in Everett Washington that celebrates the nerd in everyone. This is a place where you can order a penne Mac n cheese with bacon and garlic toast, a Odin themed beer, play games that you bring in the restaurant OR play games they have there, and listen to nerdy music on the speakers. We of course had our obligatory magic tournament while waiting for and eating our food. It was an awesome place with posters of movies and games and TV, the curtains were tied up with video game controllers, and every other table had a group of friends playing various games. I wish we had a place like this in Phoenix.


After that we went back to Taylor's place and watched some Dragon Ball Z movies and played Super Smash Bros. It was an ultimate day of travel, sight seeing, games, and delicious treats.


Tomorrow we will have Day #2 of the Seattle Trip. 
If you like the blog follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for more information
Thank you all for reading!

All the Best, Ross






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Deafo

  Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure takes into the world of Cece Bell's graphic novel turned into an Apple TV+ series titled "El Deafo". It is a semi autobiographical tale of her early life and dealing with her struggles of being deaf. The series also features original music from Waxahatchee a very underrated artist in my opinion! So let's get started on our review and head to Virginia to meet Cece Bell in "El Deafo" First off I would like to say the character designs are super cute and enjoyable to watch. I love the design of the rabbits and the clean lines of the show are very pleasant to look at. The tone of the show is very colorful yet muted and pastel which I really enjoy.  Now I won't give away the plot but as you can guess from the title and the poster that this is the story of how Cece lost her hearing. It is great to see a story for children addressing this topic for them to understand the issue

POKEMON SWORD AND SHIELD LEAKS!!!

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD DO NO READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS! Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure is not a traditional adventure. In 2 weeks Pokemon Sword and Shield will be releasing on Nintendo Switch and we got almost every new Pokemon leaked this week! Here's how this will go, I will talk little bit about my thoughts on each line and at the end tell you what my first run through team will be. Let's get started! Grookey, Thwackey, and Rilaboom is the pure grass starter line. it's a great line but I don't like the middle evolution's coloring. It's like green, bright green, and then brown? It just seems odd but I love the idea of the drummer gorilla! Scorbunny, Raboot, and Cinderace is the pure fire starter line. It's not the best line because I don't like the clothes The Pokemon are wearing in their designs. Maybe it'll look better in motions but It's not my favorite. Sobble, Drizzle,

Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock

  Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? Today's adventure takes us deep into the walls and underneath the ground to the land of Fraggle Rock. But this isn't the first time we've been here, we remember this place from long ago and it's time to go back. A reboot of a series that ended in 1987 is just what Apple TV+ needs right? Let's find out! Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock has 13 episodes in it's first season and it's just as charming as you remember. The muppets look as good as ever, the characters a charming, and the world building in this show is actually quite good! Each episode has a fun adventure with a pretty solid through line of exploring "outer space" which is just our world. There are some pretty great jokes that go along with this too. In the pilot episode one of the characters gets attacked by a dog, when telling his friends about it he says "I was attacked by the most vicious space monster" and it cuts to t