Skip to main content

Thrak Attack #4.5- Smash Direct

Welcome back to Thrak Attack! I completely forgot about a big portion of last week's news and events. Nintendo had a Super Smash Bros dedicated Nintendo Direct on November 1st with lots of details on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I didn't know whether to put this into the news segment of the  post or make it it's own segment so I completely forgot to add it. So this is post #4.5 and will feature all of the stuff I missed on Wednesday's post. As an added bonus, I will also be putting in one of the weirdest but amazing news stories this blog has seen! So let's get rocking!

Smash Direct

So Nintendo held a live stream Nintendo Direct on November 1st and dedicated it solely to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which is coming out on December 7th for the Nintendo Switch. I am super excited for this game but when I heard that the direct was solely about Super Smash Bros. I was a little upset. We already knew a majority of what the game was going to be like with almost all of the features and characters and stages; I was already going to buy the game so I didn't want to know more.

But me being me, I watched it and was surprised at how much is actually in this game. If you don't want to know about this game, don't read this! I don't know why you're even here! But for you crazies out there, a spoiler warning has been issued.

The revealed Ken from Street Fighter who is an echo fighter of Ryu of the same game. They went into excruciating detail about how different Ken is from Ryu even though they are really similar. In the same trailer they revealed Incineroar as it's own completely new fighter. Incineroar is a Generation 7 Pokemon and is the fire starter from Pokemon Sun and Moon. It's basically the Charizard of that game. He looks like an interesting fighter but he brags every time he lands a hit and that would be super annoying in a competitive battle.

They then went on to talk about all of the menu options, languages, online capabilities, and everything you could possibly know about this game. They bragged about the size of the game for a bit and that part of the direct seemed like a waste of time. It felt like they needed 40 minutes of content but only had 30 so they needed to fill 10 of those minutes with menu options.

That's when they really picked things up. One of my favorite aspects of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U was the character customization. I really enjoyed making a character that was my own and worked the way I wanted to work. This time around they are fusing that aspect of the game with the trophies except they aren't trophies anymore, they're spirits. Each spirit is a character or object from another games series and adds specific abilities to your characters. It's the same concept of customizing your character but it's with other characters. So you can pick and choose your favorite spirit characters to add to your fighter making this game the ultimate cross over. It is called Super Smash Bros. Ultimate you know!

They also announced that the best aspect of Super Smash Bros. Brawl was returning in the form of a single player campaign. The Subspace Emissary in Brawl was the highlight of that game, it was a single player story mode which is where you unlocked new fighters. Each level had a cutscene that introduced a new team up or character and at the end of the story, you had all the characters in one place and it was EPIC! This time around they combined the board game style of Smash Tour with the story of Subspace Emissary. I am very intrigued to play through this story and see what match ups they have in store for us!

So after that they announced the DLC packs and that there will be 5 of them each including a new character, a new stage, and new music. You could buy each individually for $5 or all 5 for $25. You know I'm getting all 5!

But that wasn't it... they're working on one more character that will be available after the game's release... it's... BANJO KAZOOIE!!!!!! JK, it's Piranha Plant... Seriously Nintendo? That's the last character you reveal? A hazard from Super Mario Bros. is a playable character? Not one of the most iconic characters from your most successful system? I get it, there are legal issues regarding Banjo and Kazooie but seriously! Figure it out! If the MCU can get Spider-man from Sony, you can get Banjo Kazooie from Microsoft... Oh well, my dreams are not lost... They could be in one of the DLC packs. One day my dream will come true...

WEIRD MUSIC NEWS!


Claudio Sanchez, the lead singer and guitarist from Coheed and Cambria,  revealed on his instagram page that he has cut off his glorious locks of hair. That hair was iconic. It was truly the image of the band. The band that I have listened to all 9 studio albums, for 15 years of my life, and helped forge one of my best friendships. That hair meant a lot to me and it means a lot to the fans of the band Coheed and Cambria. That hair is older than all of my students, so why did he have to cut it off? Well... he didn't. On their concert on Friday night, Claudio took off his hat and revealed in true rockstar fashion that his iconic locks have not gone away but were just in hiding. I have no idea why he did this, I guess it was just an elaborate and mean prank but I am thankful for him not cutting his hair off. It's also probably a way to get attention for the band and bringing them back in to enjoy their new album "Vaxis- Act. 1- The Unheavenly Creatures". Anyways I told you this was one of the weirdest music news I've ever had to write about.

So there you have it, Post #4.5. Next Wednesday we will have Post #5 in it's entirety and it will feature "Post Apocalypto" by Tenacious D, "Simulation Theory" by Muse, and "The Nutcracker: and the Four Realms". I hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!

             All the Best, Ross














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Deafo

  Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure takes into the world of Cece Bell's graphic novel turned into an Apple TV+ series titled "El Deafo". It is a semi autobiographical tale of her early life and dealing with her struggles of being deaf. The series also features original music from Waxahatchee a very underrated artist in my opinion! So let's get started on our review and head to Virginia to meet Cece Bell in "El Deafo" First off I would like to say the character designs are super cute and enjoyable to watch. I love the design of the rabbits and the clean lines of the show are very pleasant to look at. The tone of the show is very colorful yet muted and pastel which I really enjoy.  Now I won't give away the plot but as you can guess from the title and the poster that this is the story of how Cece lost her hearing. It is great to see a story for children addressing this topic for them to understand the issue

POKEMON SWORD AND SHIELD LEAKS!!!

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD DO NO READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS! Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure is not a traditional adventure. In 2 weeks Pokemon Sword and Shield will be releasing on Nintendo Switch and we got almost every new Pokemon leaked this week! Here's how this will go, I will talk little bit about my thoughts on each line and at the end tell you what my first run through team will be. Let's get started! Grookey, Thwackey, and Rilaboom is the pure grass starter line. it's a great line but I don't like the middle evolution's coloring. It's like green, bright green, and then brown? It just seems odd but I love the idea of the drummer gorilla! Scorbunny, Raboot, and Cinderace is the pure fire starter line. It's not the best line because I don't like the clothes The Pokemon are wearing in their designs. Maybe it'll look better in motions but It's not my favorite. Sobble, Drizzle,

Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock

  Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? Today's adventure takes us deep into the walls and underneath the ground to the land of Fraggle Rock. But this isn't the first time we've been here, we remember this place from long ago and it's time to go back. A reboot of a series that ended in 1987 is just what Apple TV+ needs right? Let's find out! Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock has 13 episodes in it's first season and it's just as charming as you remember. The muppets look as good as ever, the characters a charming, and the world building in this show is actually quite good! Each episode has a fun adventure with a pretty solid through line of exploring "outer space" which is just our world. There are some pretty great jokes that go along with this too. In the pilot episode one of the characters gets attacked by a dog, when telling his friends about it he says "I was attacked by the most vicious space monster" and it cuts to t