Skip to main content

S1 Ep. 21- John Wick 3

Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventures took us to a lot of news a movie I wasn't intending on seeing but I did so it should be a pretty simple and easy week! So let's get started with some news first!

NEWS!
-Avengers: Endgame passes Avatar at the box office as the highest grossing film of all time. This does not surprise me and I'm so excited that it did!
-PS5 Specs announced, I am expecting more information around the time of E3 which I will try my best to do at reviewing. Spider-Man for PS4 had 8.5 second load times and on the PS5 it took 1.8 seconds.
-Vanity Fair releases special edition covers for Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker and even has some information on it and the production of the film.
-June 8th Community Day for Pokemon Go will feature Slakoth, I will be in Margate then but hopefully I'll find some place to play and get my Slaking!
-Earthworm Jim is getting a special edition NES pink cartridge
-Taiko Waititi's live acion Akira film will release in May 2021. I am super excited for this I need to read the rest of Akira, I've only read the first part of the story.

REVIEWS!

John Wick: Chapter 3- Parabellum

This movie is an extreme action movie with extreme scenes and characters... except John Wick. I know the basis of John Wick and I've seen the ending of the second one but that's it. I was drug to the movie even though I was in the mood to see a movie but it had to be this one. So here we are reviewing it for this week!
I am not a fan of action films due to the lack of story and it just feels like the story takes you through to the next action scene. This one felt just like that except 3 films in and the main character still is a blank page of personality? It just didn't work for me.
Now I will give credit where credit is due, the cinematography of this film was fantastic! The colors and lighting were beautiful and really well done, and there some really great shots with careful framing. I think for me that was the best part of the film because, again, I'm not a big action movie fan.
It was fun to see John Wick killing people with books and horses and a gun that he custom built and used for one bullet but the action scenes were just like "yup, that's an fight scene".
There were a few jokes in the film that I liked, the one with Halle Barrie being upset about her dog being shot and John Wick replying "I know how you feel", the one after boss fight "Hey John... That was a cool fight, wasn't it?"; and the final scene where John flips Morpheus off.
This film was basically like "Hey you liked the Matrix right?" and then just made a film for those fans. But is it going on my ultimate shelf? No way Jose! Not even close!

Next week... Aladdin! All the best, Ross

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Deafo

  Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure takes into the world of Cece Bell's graphic novel turned into an Apple TV+ series titled "El Deafo". It is a semi autobiographical tale of her early life and dealing with her struggles of being deaf. The series also features original music from Waxahatchee a very underrated artist in my opinion! So let's get started on our review and head to Virginia to meet Cece Bell in "El Deafo" First off I would like to say the character designs are super cute and enjoyable to watch. I love the design of the rabbits and the clean lines of the show are very pleasant to look at. The tone of the show is very colorful yet muted and pastel which I really enjoy.  Now I won't give away the plot but as you can guess from the title and the poster that this is the story of how Cece lost her hearing. It is great to see a story for children addressing this topic for them to understand the issue

POKEMON SWORD AND SHIELD LEAKS!!!

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD DO NO READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS! Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure is not a traditional adventure. In 2 weeks Pokemon Sword and Shield will be releasing on Nintendo Switch and we got almost every new Pokemon leaked this week! Here's how this will go, I will talk little bit about my thoughts on each line and at the end tell you what my first run through team will be. Let's get started! Grookey, Thwackey, and Rilaboom is the pure grass starter line. it's a great line but I don't like the middle evolution's coloring. It's like green, bright green, and then brown? It just seems odd but I love the idea of the drummer gorilla! Scorbunny, Raboot, and Cinderace is the pure fire starter line. It's not the best line because I don't like the clothes The Pokemon are wearing in their designs. Maybe it'll look better in motions but It's not my favorite. Sobble, Drizzle,

Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock

  Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? Today's adventure takes us deep into the walls and underneath the ground to the land of Fraggle Rock. But this isn't the first time we've been here, we remember this place from long ago and it's time to go back. A reboot of a series that ended in 1987 is just what Apple TV+ needs right? Let's find out! Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock has 13 episodes in it's first season and it's just as charming as you remember. The muppets look as good as ever, the characters a charming, and the world building in this show is actually quite good! Each episode has a fun adventure with a pretty solid through line of exploring "outer space" which is just our world. There are some pretty great jokes that go along with this too. In the pilot episode one of the characters gets attacked by a dog, when telling his friends about it he says "I was attacked by the most vicious space monster" and it cuts to t