Skip to main content

S1 Ep. 24- E3 Part 2 (and other various trailers)

Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure is featuring lots of trailers. E3 was this week so we got lots of new video game trailers so I will be doing an overview of each conference. Disney also dropped 2 trailers this week for upcoming films so I will include those as well.

DISNEY!
Pixar announced their next animated feature starring Tom Holland and Chris Pratt titled "Onward" and it seems to take place in a modern world where fairy tail creatures exist. I'm thinking Netflix's "Bright" but for a younger audience. I don't know enough about it to have an opinion but you can't go wrong with Pixar. Disney also dropped the actual trailer for "Frozen 2". This is the 2nd film in the "sequel era" of Disney films. I am not particularly excited for this era but it's happening and Frozen 2 does seem to be making the best of it. It looks like an adventure film where Elsa and the gang travel to find out where her powers came from. Disney also announced the cast for the live action Hercules film. Chris Pratt will play Hercules, Jeff Goldblum as Hades, Ana Kendrick as Meg, and Danny Devito will reprise his glorious role as Phil.

PC GAMING SHOW
-Chivalry 2
-Mosaic
-Midnight Ghost Hunt (this looks legit)
-Conan Chop Chop  (September 3rd 2019) (I'm getting this for my roommate)
-Vast Oasis  (September 3rd 2019)
-Planet Zoo (soooo Zoo Tycoon again?)
-Shenmue 3 (November 19th 2019) (I know a lot people are excited for this but I haven't played the first 2)
-Man Eater (A Shark RPG? I can get behind that)

Ubisoft
-Assassin's Creed Symphony is going on a world tour
-Watchdog's Legions (March 6, 2020) (this game looks intriguing and is in the running for game of the year 2020)
-Mythic Quest: Ravens Banquet (Apple TV+ show)
-Adventure Time: Brawlhalla (out now)
-Ghost Recon: Break point
-Just Dance 2020 (November) (It's coming out for the Wii... not the Wii U, just the Wii)
-Rainbow Six: Quarantine
-Division 2: Episode 3 (early 2020)
-UPlay+ (another streaming service coming in September for $15 a month)
-Roller Champions (seems like the new Rocket League)
-Gods and Champions (February 25, 2020)

Square Enix
-Final Fantasy VII Remake (March 3, 2020) (I will be going in on this and it will be through my first play through of that game)
-Life is Strange 2 (out now)
-Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles (this winter)
-Octopath Traveler releasing on PC
-Last Remnant remaster (out now)
-Dragonquest Builders 2 (June 22, 2019)
-Dragonquest XI: Long title (this fall)
-Kingdom Hearts Remind (this winter)
-Shadowbringers (July 2nd)
-Saga games (coming soon)
-Outriders (Summer 2020)
-Oninaki (August 22, 2019)
-Avengers (May 15, 2020) (I'm intrigued to see what characters they will be adding to this) 

Nintendo
-The Hero from Dragonquest is coming to Smash Bros. this summer.
-Dragonquest XI (September 27, 2019) (This looks great but It's not really my style of game)
-Luigi's Mansion 3 (just announce it in October already)
-Dark Crystals Game (based on the Netflix series)
-Link's Awakening (September 20, 2019) (This just looks like a fun, cute game!)
-Trials of Mana (2020) Collection of Mana (out now)
-Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2019)
-Resident Evil 5 and 6
-No More Heroes 3 (2020) (YES! These games are so weird!)
-Contra Rogue Corps (September 24, 2019)
-Daemon X Machina (September 13, 2019) (September is gonna be loaded!)
-Cadence of Hyrule (out now) (This will be one of the reviews next week)
-Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games 2020 (November 2019)
-Animal Crossing: New Horizons (March 20, 2020) (sad it's delayed yet glad it's delayed)
-Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (September 9, 2019)
-BANJO KAZOOIE IN SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Fall 2019)
-Breath of the Wild Sequel in development

Well that's lots of games releasing soon so here will be my games throughout the rest of the year.
June: Cadence of Hyrule, Super Mario Maker 2
July: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
August: Astral Chain
September: Daemon X Machina, Link's Awakening
October: Probably Luigi's Mansion 3
November: Pokemon Sword and Shield, Jedi Fallen Order

Next week I will be reviewing Cadence of Hyrule for the Nintendo Switch and "Help Us Stranger" by the Raconteurs. There will hopefully be some news from the week too so we'll be ready for that. So remember to keep going on adventures!

                           All the Best, Ross

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pokemon Cinematic Universe

Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure was Detective Pikachu which is an awesome live action Pokemon Movie but not the Pokemon we were expecting. Even though this movie was really well done, I believe there in the future for us in regards to another cinematic universe. The way they handled this film and the references in it are perfectly done and do set up a future for this for happening. SPOILER WARNING for Detective Pikachu, if you have not seen this please, go watch the film and then come on back! Alright let's get started with the film we received this past weekend. Pokemon: Detective Pikachu is a mystery film taking place in the Pokemon World based on a video game of the same name. Tim Goodman meets a talking Pikachu after his father mysteriously passes away. Throughout the film we realize that it is actually his father trapped inside Pikachu's body although none of the characters know this until the end. The villain's plan...

S3 Finale: Top 10 Shows of 2021

 Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This year I added a new category to Thrak Attack's lineups of adventures. I've never been a big TV show follower but I felt like with the MCU adding TV shows and access to some new streaming services to my roster over quarantine that it was time to add those adventures in! So here is a Thrak Attack first, The Top 10 Shows of 2021! 10. Hawkeye on Disney+  is not a great mini series but has some great character introductions and moments for the MCU. Most importantly introducing Kate Bishop who will hopefully take up the mantle of Hawkeye, Yelena reconciling with Clint about Natasha's death in Endgame, and the reintroduction of a character from the Netflix Marvel shows!   9. The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV+ was a short and sweet show based on a podcast which is an interesting transition. Both Paul Rudd and Will Ferrel shine in this show showcasing both of their acting chops. The plot is pretty simple but is com...

Best of 2018 (Part 2)

Well here we are folks, 2019! It's time for the final post for 2018 before we jump into the new year! It's Top 10 time! Top 10 movies, video games, albums, songs, and travel destinations! So it's going to be a long but great post of the best of the year! If you want to see the adventures I want on this past year, I have the part 1 post of the full years adventures if you would like to check it out! With all that out of the way, let's get started! Top 10 2018 Movies 10. Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse - A fantastically animated film but would have better off as an television series. 9. Venom - I was not expecting this film to be this good. I was pleseantly surprised by the tone of this film and the acting. The unexpected joy I found in this film gives it the #9 spot. 8. Solo: A Star Wars Story - Diffidently not the worst Star Wars film but not the best either. Just a fun space adventure with a fantastic performance by Donald Glover as Lando. 7. Ant-Man an...