Skip to main content

S1 Ep. 37- LumiBlink and Astral Goose Game

Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week is a huge week for content on Thrak Attack! 2 new video games (1 that just came out and one that has been out for about a month), 2 new albums (one brand new and one that came out a few weeks ago), and a bunch of news from Disney, Pokemon, Marvel, White Stripes, and more!

POKEMON NEWS!

-Gen 5 Pokemon are now in Pokemon Go! I just got a Klink from a raid earlier.
-Sirfetch'd is a fighting type evolution to Farfetch'd which will be an exclusive for Pokemon Sword.
DISNEY NEWS!

-Water from the Fountain of Nations (one of the things I'm sad to see go) will be used in the new Moana water attraction in EPCOT.
-Spaceship Earth's theme and concept will be updated to fit in the new theme of EPCOT. This new theme is about story telling not communication.  I love this new idea and it will help with keeping the attraction current.

MARVEL NEWS!

-Deadpool will be in one of the Marvel Phase 4 films/TV shows, we just don't know which one or in which capacity. My guess will be Marvel What if?... or Thor: Love and Thunder
-Speaking of Thor: Love and Thunder. Kat Dennings and Jamie Alexander will both be returning as Darcy and Lady Sif in the film!

RANDOM NEWS!

-The White Stripes released their last live performance on Vinyl this week. If they ever have a reunion I will be paying stupid money to see them.
-Bert Kreisher's "The Machine" story is being made into a film! That's gonna be weird but also really legit!

REVIEWS!


Blink-182 "Nine"

This is a solid album. This is not a great album but it's a solid album. I've listened to it 2 times through and I enjoy it. Now, is it my favorite Blink 182 album? No... their self titled album is my favorite. It's amazing that this band has lasted so long even after a big split. Matt Skiba has really invigorated this group and added a new type of style to the sound of the band but even though he's been there since 2015, it just doesn't feel like Blink-182. Don't get me wrong, I love Matt Skiba and his guitar style especially in the Alkaline Trio but it feels like a different band with him in it. My favorite part about this album is the production, this album sounds great! It was the first album I listened to on my HomePod and it sounded awesome! Most of the songs are just alright though but a few of them did stand out to me during both of my listens. Those songs were "Darkside", "Blame it on My Youth", and "Pin the Grenade". Those songs really stuck out as the heavy hitters on this album. So even though the songs are good, the production is amazing, why isn't this a great album? Maybe it's because it's a lot of the same and that's alright because Blink-182 has always been more of the same. So is this album going on my ultimate shelf? No... It will not be. Sorry Mark and Travis.



Untitled Goose Game

This is the game of the year for the sheer fact that it exists. How in the world did a game about a goose happen? And how in the world did a game like that actually be entertaining?! It's literally about a goose being a jerk to the people of a quaint English village and it's so charming. The controls are simple, the graphics are charming, the gameplay is hilarious, the to-do list is clever, and the music is perfect! I'm not saying this game is the best of the year because, of course, there is not enough in it... but if there was more in it, it would diffidently be in the running! Such a fun concept, great presentation, and an original idea makes this an awesome and fun game! Is this game going on my ultimate shelf, YES!


ASTRAL CHAIN

Now this game should be in the running for game of the year. It should be my favorite game of the year, but it's not. Something is holding me back from loving this game and I can't put my finger on it. So far I have heard nothing but great things, it's a game that's right up my alley but there's something that I don't love about it. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying playing this game but it's not the best I've played this year. The gameplay is fun enough and there are enough different parts in the game such as the action scenes, the investigation scenes, and the hub world activities but every one of those sections feels like it's missing something. I went through the whole first section of the game and story and then Lappy Dog makes me do a tutorial of the hub world when I already did all of it already. It just all seems out of place or off and I don't know if it's me or the game. Is this game going on my ultimate shelf? No... will I continue to play it? Yes. Who knows, maybe it'll pick up after a few more hours of game play!

Lumineers "III"

Okay. I have never been the biggest Lumineers fan but I'll try my best to do an honest review of this album. I love the idea of this album WAY more than I like the album. The idea of this being the third act of the story the band has been crafting is super cool and a great concept for an album. But the songs in it are so similar I can't pick out any differences in them. "Donna" is a great opener but then "Life in the City" and "Gloria" are just a continuation of that song. It just feels like we've been listening to the same song since "Hey Ho" and I'm tired of it! I know it's not really my style of music but I feel like they haven't grown as a band and that bothers me. So is this album going on my ultimate shelf?... No...

So that's the week! It's been a good one with some solid reviews! Next week will be Downton Abbey, possibly Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, and whatever music comes out on Friday! Until next time, keep going on adventures!

                                                             All the Best, Ross 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Deafo

  Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure takes into the world of Cece Bell's graphic novel turned into an Apple TV+ series titled "El Deafo". It is a semi autobiographical tale of her early life and dealing with her struggles of being deaf. The series also features original music from Waxahatchee a very underrated artist in my opinion! So let's get started on our review and head to Virginia to meet Cece Bell in "El Deafo" First off I would like to say the character designs are super cute and enjoyable to watch. I love the design of the rabbits and the clean lines of the show are very pleasant to look at. The tone of the show is very colorful yet muted and pastel which I really enjoy.  Now I won't give away the plot but as you can guess from the title and the poster that this is the story of how Cece lost her hearing. It is great to see a story for children addressing this topic for them to understand the issue

POKEMON SWORD AND SHIELD LEAKS!!!

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD DO NO READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS! Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure is not a traditional adventure. In 2 weeks Pokemon Sword and Shield will be releasing on Nintendo Switch and we got almost every new Pokemon leaked this week! Here's how this will go, I will talk little bit about my thoughts on each line and at the end tell you what my first run through team will be. Let's get started! Grookey, Thwackey, and Rilaboom is the pure grass starter line. it's a great line but I don't like the middle evolution's coloring. It's like green, bright green, and then brown? It just seems odd but I love the idea of the drummer gorilla! Scorbunny, Raboot, and Cinderace is the pure fire starter line. It's not the best line because I don't like the clothes The Pokemon are wearing in their designs. Maybe it'll look better in motions but It's not my favorite. Sobble, Drizzle,

Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock

  Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? Today's adventure takes us deep into the walls and underneath the ground to the land of Fraggle Rock. But this isn't the first time we've been here, we remember this place from long ago and it's time to go back. A reboot of a series that ended in 1987 is just what Apple TV+ needs right? Let's find out! Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock has 13 episodes in it's first season and it's just as charming as you remember. The muppets look as good as ever, the characters a charming, and the world building in this show is actually quite good! Each episode has a fun adventure with a pretty solid through line of exploring "outer space" which is just our world. There are some pretty great jokes that go along with this too. In the pilot episode one of the characters gets attacked by a dog, when telling his friends about it he says "I was attacked by the most vicious space monster" and it cuts to t