Skip to main content

Hotel Transylvania 4: Transformania

 Hotel Transylvania: Transformania - Wikipedia

Welcome back to Thrak Attack, what's your adventure? Today's adventure takes us to the amazon rainforest on a quest for a crystal to change humans into monsters and monsters into humans. In the 4th installment of this weirdly long running series that is the plot! Does it make sense? Is it enjoyable to watch? Are there some redeeming qualities to this series that went from theater releases to straight to streaming? We shall see.

Like I said before this is the fourth installment to the Hotel Transylvania series and I did not realize it was successful enough to make a fourth one. However, the first three were theatrical releases and this time around it was released only on Amazon Prime. Due to this, Adam Sandler is no longer the voice of the lead character Dracula but instead goes to Brian Hull who has mainly done voice acting for the Pup Star series, Tangled: the Series, and a Hotel Transylvania short film. 

There is something going for this movie though mainly that the cast is stellar and do fantastic voice acting! Sometimes I had to check who was voicing who because it wasn't immediately obvious which is a sign of great voice acting! Andy Samberg as Johnathon, Selena Gomez as Mavis, and then there's Kathryn Hahn, Jim Gaffigan, Steve Buschemi, Molly Shannon, David Spade, Keegan-Michael Key, and even Fran Drescher! The voices are really what make this movie great and was one of the reasons I kept watching. The colors and textures in the animation are also really great making it a pleasant movie to watch!

Other than that though, there isn't much else that's good. Most of the jokes fall flat (besides the zombie that gets turned back into a human, that one had me laughing). The plot is a little too simple and lots of useless chase scenes to pad the runtime (Dracula chasing Johnathon through the hallway was a 15 minute sequence I think). And finally the animation and movement of the characters just felt weird like they weren't fully animated or something. It just felt like the characters moved wrong and I think that is a style of the series but I did not enjoy it.

This is the first movie review of 2022! When I review movies they get stars for each of these categories... Cinematography, Set Design, Plot, Costuming (character design in animation's case), Music, Dialogue, Pacing, Themes, Acting, and Overall Feeling. This film gets stars for Cinematography for colors and textures in the animation, costuming due to the character designs as they transform.

Hotel Transylvania: Transformania gets 3 out of 10 stars. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pokemon Cinematic Universe

Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure was Detective Pikachu which is an awesome live action Pokemon Movie but not the Pokemon we were expecting. Even though this movie was really well done, I believe there in the future for us in regards to another cinematic universe. The way they handled this film and the references in it are perfectly done and do set up a future for this for happening. SPOILER WARNING for Detective Pikachu, if you have not seen this please, go watch the film and then come on back! Alright let's get started with the film we received this past weekend. Pokemon: Detective Pikachu is a mystery film taking place in the Pokemon World based on a video game of the same name. Tim Goodman meets a talking Pikachu after his father mysteriously passes away. Throughout the film we realize that it is actually his father trapped inside Pikachu's body although none of the characters know this until the end. The villain's plan...

S3 Finale: Top 10 Shows of 2021

 Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This year I added a new category to Thrak Attack's lineups of adventures. I've never been a big TV show follower but I felt like with the MCU adding TV shows and access to some new streaming services to my roster over quarantine that it was time to add those adventures in! So here is a Thrak Attack first, The Top 10 Shows of 2021! 10. Hawkeye on Disney+  is not a great mini series but has some great character introductions and moments for the MCU. Most importantly introducing Kate Bishop who will hopefully take up the mantle of Hawkeye, Yelena reconciling with Clint about Natasha's death in Endgame, and the reintroduction of a character from the Netflix Marvel shows!   9. The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV+ was a short and sweet show based on a podcast which is an interesting transition. Both Paul Rudd and Will Ferrel shine in this show showcasing both of their acting chops. The plot is pretty simple but is com...

Best of 2018 (Part 2)

Well here we are folks, 2019! It's time for the final post for 2018 before we jump into the new year! It's Top 10 time! Top 10 movies, video games, albums, songs, and travel destinations! So it's going to be a long but great post of the best of the year! If you want to see the adventures I want on this past year, I have the part 1 post of the full years adventures if you would like to check it out! With all that out of the way, let's get started! Top 10 2018 Movies 10. Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse - A fantastically animated film but would have better off as an television series. 9. Venom - I was not expecting this film to be this good. I was pleseantly surprised by the tone of this film and the acting. The unexpected joy I found in this film gives it the #9 spot. 8. Solo: A Star Wars Story - Diffidently not the worst Star Wars film but not the best either. Just a fun space adventure with a fantastic performance by Donald Glover as Lando. 7. Ant-Man an...