Skip to main content

Seattle Day #3- Land of Coffee Shacks

Welcome back to Thrak Attack! We are on Day #3 of the Seattle trip overview. This day was less of Seattle and more of Washington state; but it's still in the Seattle area. So here we are on day 3 which consists of hiking, a Pokemon battle of legend, some delicious Thai food, and a review of Venom. But before we get into the overview of the trip, let's get to the news of the week!

NEWS!
-Pokemon Go released Generation 4 Pokemon but only 26 of the Pokemon. I guess they are staggering this generation's release which is a great idea to get people to keep playing the game. I know it helps me out a lot!

-Christopher Paolini announced a new book titled "The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm" which will be releasing on December 31st. It is a few stories set in the world of Alagaesia (the world created for the Inheritance Cycle). I don't know how I feel about this, it's a long time between the 4th book and this and also, why release it AFTER the holidays? Wouldn't you want that for holiday sales? It just seems odd to me but I'm still really excited to go back to that world.

-Shortly after the release of Iron Fist Season 2, Netflix announces that there will be no season 3 for the show. I am so behind on those shows and need to watch Season 2 of both Luke Cage and Iron Fist before Season 3 of Daredevil is released.

-Disney will be closing one of EPCOT's oldest attractions "Spaceship Earth" for a lengthy 2 year rehab. I would really hate for this attraction to go the way of "Stitch's Great Escape"; It's the last remaining idea of the original EPCOT that still is intact and would be a shame to see it go.

-Disney also released a trailer for the live action Aladdin remake. The visuals and music are stunning but I am really not interested in seeing this movie. I am over the live action remake craze and am looking forward to more animated movies again.

-Coldplay is releasing a documentary of their 20 year career called "A Head Full of Dreams" and is releasing it on Amazon Prime Video on November 16th, you can also see it in theaters on November 14th. I love Coldplay and am extremely excited to see what this documentary entails!



Seattle Day #3- Land of the Coffee Shacks

Mount Pilchuck

Mount Pilchuck was by far the most difficult hike I have ever done; more so than the Grand Canyon. It was so difficult that I only made it halfway up. It was beautiful though. The mossy forest, the small streams, the rocky landscape, and views of the other mountains in the distance. It made me realize that I love to hike but it also made me realize that I need to do more challenging hikes to work up to those. It was a great experience that was very humbling and eye opening, and I will be prepared for the next time I hike it.

Mount Silver Pokemon Battle

Me and my best friend Taylor based our friendship around 2 things, Dragon Ball and Pokemon. We always joke that we majored in Business and Music Education and minored in 90's anime. We have played every single Pokemon game together and also seen every episode and movie of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT (we haven't gotten to Super yet). So we decided to recreate the final battle of Pokemon Gold and Silver. Taylor took Red's team (Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax, and Espeon) and I created a classic generation 2 team (Togetic, Heracross, Tyranitar, Ferraligatr, Typhlosion, Meganium). He crushed my team and it was a little upsetting we weren't at the top of Mount Pilchuck but it was still an awesome experience!

Rice Up!

I love Thai food. Well, when I say I love Thai food I really mean I love pad Thai. It has become my 2nd favorite dish behind pasta and meatballs. So when Taylor took me to a Thai place called Rice Up and ordered Pineapple fried rice, I decided to follow suit and I do not regret it! It was delicious! I will diffidently be broadening my horizons when it comes to Thai food but Rice Up! was amazing! If you're ever in Lake Stevens, WA you need to check it out!

Venom


Venom is a weird movie. It's "hero" is one of the most popular anti-heroes of all time and the film doesn't even feature the hero that he is the anti-hero of. It also takes place inside of the MCU (references to San Quentin prison) but doesn't feel like an MCU movie or have any references at all. It's just an odd film. But with all that aside, I had a lot of fun with it! It was way better than expected! The action, for the most part was cool. The visuals were awesome and well done, the acting was great from mostly everyone; and the story was solid. There are some complaints however. The film felt very rushed and a lot of it felt out of place or jarring. The movie establishes the world and characters very well but then the inciting action happens and takes almost everything away from Eddie Brock with a snap of the fingers. It felt rushed and made the middle section of the movie uneasy and weird. How did we go from knowing nothing and having nothing to BAM! we're in the thick of it with no explanation other than it happening. I did enjoy Tom Hardy's performance as Eddie Brock. He acts appropriately in the situation he is in which is what I feel a lot of stories are lacking. There are some really cool action scenes like the motorcycle chase but the final scene was awful and hard to follow. It just looked like a bunch of sludge flying through the night sky. I was a rough fight to watch. My other complaint, and this is a weird one... their wig game was horrendous! The main girl's wig looked like crap and a character in the post credits scene was laughable. I guess they had the budget for a giant messy CGI fight at the end but not for a decent wig. Anyways, that was my thought of Venom. Will it go on my ultimate movie shelf? No, but I did have fun with it!

Well that's the review of the Seattle trip and some news for the week. Next week there will be more news, a review of the new Twenty One Pilot's album "Trench", and Season 3 of Daredevil. So keep coming back every Wednesday for more content and also check out our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages for more news and content throughout the week!

All the Best, Ross 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Deafo

  Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure takes into the world of Cece Bell's graphic novel turned into an Apple TV+ series titled "El Deafo". It is a semi autobiographical tale of her early life and dealing with her struggles of being deaf. The series also features original music from Waxahatchee a very underrated artist in my opinion! So let's get started on our review and head to Virginia to meet Cece Bell in "El Deafo" First off I would like to say the character designs are super cute and enjoyable to watch. I love the design of the rabbits and the clean lines of the show are very pleasant to look at. The tone of the show is very colorful yet muted and pastel which I really enjoy.  Now I won't give away the plot but as you can guess from the title and the poster that this is the story of how Cece lost her hearing. It is great to see a story for children addressing this topic for them to understand the issue

POKEMON SWORD AND SHIELD LEAKS!!!

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD DO NO READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS! Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure is not a traditional adventure. In 2 weeks Pokemon Sword and Shield will be releasing on Nintendo Switch and we got almost every new Pokemon leaked this week! Here's how this will go, I will talk little bit about my thoughts on each line and at the end tell you what my first run through team will be. Let's get started! Grookey, Thwackey, and Rilaboom is the pure grass starter line. it's a great line but I don't like the middle evolution's coloring. It's like green, bright green, and then brown? It just seems odd but I love the idea of the drummer gorilla! Scorbunny, Raboot, and Cinderace is the pure fire starter line. It's not the best line because I don't like the clothes The Pokemon are wearing in their designs. Maybe it'll look better in motions but It's not my favorite. Sobble, Drizzle,

Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock

  Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? Today's adventure takes us deep into the walls and underneath the ground to the land of Fraggle Rock. But this isn't the first time we've been here, we remember this place from long ago and it's time to go back. A reboot of a series that ended in 1987 is just what Apple TV+ needs right? Let's find out! Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock has 13 episodes in it's first season and it's just as charming as you remember. The muppets look as good as ever, the characters a charming, and the world building in this show is actually quite good! Each episode has a fun adventure with a pretty solid through line of exploring "outer space" which is just our world. There are some pretty great jokes that go along with this too. In the pilot episode one of the characters gets attacked by a dog, when telling his friends about it he says "I was attacked by the most vicious space monster" and it cuts to t