Skip to main content

Uncharted

 Uncharted (film) - Wikipedia

Welcome back to Thrak Attack, what's your adventure? Today's adventure takes us on an adventure around the world with an iconic video game character Nathan Drake from the Uncharted video game series. The series is fantastic and proves it by having 4 entries in the main series and some spin offs. Does this film do it justice? We shall find out.

First off all, the opening Playstation movie logo got me excited for more Playstation movies! I am currently playing through Horizon Forbidden West and would love to see Alloy on the big screen! But then the movie starts...in a scene that takes place 3/4th's through the movie that immediately cuts back to the beginning of the story. I understand that that is the most famous scene from the Uncharted games and that the director wanted to grab the audience from the start but that was not the way to get my attention. It also put a huge emphasis on the necklace that his brother gave him but that never became important.

What I like about this movie is it does a great job with the action sequences and the sense of adventure. There is a bar fight in Barcelona that is my favorite scene in the film and some of the places they go are pretty stunning. It also does a great job with it's villains and proving that no one in this story is a good guy, not even Nathan Drake.

What I don't like about this film is Mark Wahlberg as Sulley. Not that I don't like Mark Wahlberg but he does not work in this role! His chemistry with Tom Holland is abysmal and they keep trying to make banter off of each other and it doesn't quite land. They carry a few jokes all the way through but none of them really work. Again, the best part of this film is Antonio Banderas's character and Tati Gabrielle who I want to see a lot more of! 

With that coupled with a few good references and bad references to the game, this movie falls flat because it hinges upon Drake and Sulley's relationship that feels forced and unearned in the end. 

Uncharted gets 5 out of 10 with points in set design, plot, costuming, acting, and overall feeling. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pokemon Cinematic Universe

Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This week's adventure was Detective Pikachu which is an awesome live action Pokemon Movie but not the Pokemon we were expecting. Even though this movie was really well done, I believe there in the future for us in regards to another cinematic universe. The way they handled this film and the references in it are perfectly done and do set up a future for this for happening. SPOILER WARNING for Detective Pikachu, if you have not seen this please, go watch the film and then come on back! Alright let's get started with the film we received this past weekend. Pokemon: Detective Pikachu is a mystery film taking place in the Pokemon World based on a video game of the same name. Tim Goodman meets a talking Pikachu after his father mysteriously passes away. Throughout the film we realize that it is actually his father trapped inside Pikachu's body although none of the characters know this until the end. The villain's plan...

S3 Finale: Top 10 Shows of 2021

 Welcome back to Thrak Attack! What's your adventure? This year I added a new category to Thrak Attack's lineups of adventures. I've never been a big TV show follower but I felt like with the MCU adding TV shows and access to some new streaming services to my roster over quarantine that it was time to add those adventures in! So here is a Thrak Attack first, The Top 10 Shows of 2021! 10. Hawkeye on Disney+  is not a great mini series but has some great character introductions and moments for the MCU. Most importantly introducing Kate Bishop who will hopefully take up the mantle of Hawkeye, Yelena reconciling with Clint about Natasha's death in Endgame, and the reintroduction of a character from the Netflix Marvel shows!   9. The Shrink Next Door on Apple TV+ was a short and sweet show based on a podcast which is an interesting transition. Both Paul Rudd and Will Ferrel shine in this show showcasing both of their acting chops. The plot is pretty simple but is com...

Best of 2018 (Part 2)

Well here we are folks, 2019! It's time for the final post for 2018 before we jump into the new year! It's Top 10 time! Top 10 movies, video games, albums, songs, and travel destinations! So it's going to be a long but great post of the best of the year! If you want to see the adventures I want on this past year, I have the part 1 post of the full years adventures if you would like to check it out! With all that out of the way, let's get started! Top 10 2018 Movies 10. Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse - A fantastically animated film but would have better off as an television series. 9. Venom - I was not expecting this film to be this good. I was pleseantly surprised by the tone of this film and the acting. The unexpected joy I found in this film gives it the #9 spot. 8. Solo: A Star Wars Story - Diffidently not the worst Star Wars film but not the best either. Just a fun space adventure with a fantastic performance by Donald Glover as Lando. 7. Ant-Man an...